Become a member of California’s most community/patient-centered dispensary and access holistic herbal medicine in a safe and compassionate environment
Community is an essential part of the Harborside vision. We take our commitment to the community seriously and we are grateful for the opportunity to serve – not only our Harborside community – but also Oakland, San Jose and all communities in the Greater Bay area, as well as the medical cannabis community across the globe! Reaching out and supporting all of our communities is one of the pillars on which our mission and our purpose are built. See what our patients have to say and take a look at how greatly we give to our local community — you might be surprised.
Our Patients Community! See all Testimonials
If you haven’t had a chance to visit either of our Oakland or San Jose locations, watch our video for an introduction to our patients and staff—and meet the founders of Harborside.
Become a Member of Harborside!
Member benefits include:
- Confidential and Secure Delivery to Your Home or Office.
- 100% Guaranteed.
- Premium Medical Cannabis. California’s most expansive menu of medical cannabis flowers, including Sun Grown, Clean Green Certified and CBD-rich medicine—as well as a wide array of pre-rolls, concentrates, edibles, tinctures, topicals and accessories. All of our medicine is laboratory tested for safety and potency.
- FREE Delivery. Details here – some restrictions apply.
- Complimentary Holistic Services. All patient-members are welcome to participate in Harborside’s complimentary, on-site holistic services and classes at our Oakland facility. These free offerings include: Medical Cannabis 101, hypnotherapy, chiropractic, naturopathy, yoga, reiki, meditation, “grow your own medicine” classes, tai chi, Alexander Technique, herbalist consultations, cultivation safety and security, substance use and misuse clinical services program, senior citizen and veterans support groups. Visit Harborside Oakland for more info or scheduling.
- Cannabis Patient Activist Resources. Harborside endorses active participation in the political and social promotion of the medical cannabis movement. We keep forms and letters that you can fill out at the front desks of our Oakland and San Jose locations. We also have a Resource Center with all the necessary resources to fill out online forms, write letters, or make phone calls pertinent to the movement. To encourage participation, we will give you a free gift every week that you volunteer an hour to work on activism in our facilities.
- Care Package Program. We provide weekly care packages to patients unable to afford their medicine. To qualify for the care package program, you need to bring in proof of your financial situation, such as copy of your SSI letter or some other official documentation of your current income level.
- Online Order Pickup. NEW! Browse through our extensive, online menu and place an order for pickup. We will have your selection waiting for you when you arrive.
You can fill out this form to pre-register online
To be a member of Harborside you will need to comply with the following requirements:
- Be a California resident and have a valid CA ID
- Have a current doctor’s recommendation for medicinal cannabis.
If your doctor is not also your primary care physician it is recommended to have some proof that within the last year you have been seen by your medical cannabis physician for the ailment for which medicinal cannabis provides you relief. This is to protect the collective from fraud. Thank you in advance for your understanding on this. *Note: Some medical cannabis clinics may have already required this of you and have those records in their files. If this is the case with your recommending doctor, than that is sufficient for this requirement.
- Sign our Membership Agreement.
* For qualified patients only. Valid California ID and Doctor’s recommendation required.
15% Discount for Qualified Patients
- If you are a patient that is a veteran or a senior (over 65 years young) we NOW offer a 15% discount. We need to have a copy of your qualification of this provided to us for our files upon first delivery.
All new members receive a free consultation by one of our medical cannabis experts to aid you in selecting the best strains/strengths to fit your individual needs.
Getting Started – Finding a Doctor for Your Recommendation
If you don’t already have a doctor’s recommendation, here are some suggestions.
– If you don’t have a friend who can make a recommendation you may be able to find a qualified physician at: http://www.canorml.org/prop/215physicians.html
– Verify the doctor’s information. Prior to going to the doctor, ask for their name and CA license number. Then go to this website to verify that their info is current. http://www.medbd.ca.gov/lookup.html
– For your convenience, you may want to choose a service that offers online, 24-hour verification or 24/7 telephone verification. This may speed up how quickly we can process your membership.
Under CA Health & Safety Code 11362.5, you may be eligible for a doctor’s recommendation if you have any of the conditions below:
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Muscle spasms
- Severe nausea
- Anorexia Anxiety
- Chronic Pain
- Multiple sclerosis
- Withdrawal from other drugs
- And many other conditions
Cannabis and the Law: we want you to know your rights under the California medical cannabis law.